The Proper Sneaker ™ 002 High Top White Sustainable Men
A tribute to the very first sneaker invented for stealthy movement, The Proper Sneaker is a subtle, classic shoe to complete any outfit. Constructed from sustainable leather, they are scratch and water resistant making feel and look better the more they’re lived in.
Opposite of their hard-bottomed counterparts, the name sneaker comes from the ability of the wearer to quietly “sneak up” on someone or something. The rubber soles allowed this. They were invented in the 18th century and didn’t even have a definitive right or left shoe. You could wear each one of the set on either foot!
The Proper Sneaker emits 24Kg CO₂e *.
- 66% Recyclable.Genuine Leather made at a gold certified tannery in by the Leather Working Group.
- Chrome VI free tanning Process meeting REACH standards.100% Organic cotton laces certified by y G.O.T.S.*
- The outsole is composed of 40% wild rubber and 60% synthetic rubber.
- The removable insole is made from Recycled PU wrapped in 100% organic cotton by G.O.T.S.*
- Each sneaker is individually numbered for renewal purposes.While we partnered with Terra Pass project to reduce the impact of greenhouse gas emissions, we are continuously working to reduce our carbon footprint.
- All certifications and references are available per request.
The Proper Sneaker is made in Portugal. We work with partners that we know and suppliers that we trust.
High-quality, low maintenance. Clean with warm, soapy water and soft brush. Do not machine wash. In addition to being bad for the sneaker, you don’t want to deal with The Proper Sneaker’s rubber soles banging around your machine. Once you don't want to wear them, you can send them back to us and we will reuse or recycle them. Small changes, big differences. Be Responsible.